HEINRICH DEHN – transport history since 1818
When in 1818 (Friedrich Jürgen) Heinrich Dehn established his carter business to transport people and goods on a horse-drawn cart in Schleswig-Flensburg, he lay the foundation for our success, which has continued to this day.
During the 19th century, the business grew and established itself as a reliable and competent partner in the carter business. After World War II, Fritz Joachim HEINRICH DEHN took over the business at the young age of 21 in 1951. He was the pioneer in the history of the family enterprise, expanding the business to become a modern forwarding agency with various competences.
Since the 1960s, the newly established branch office in Groß-Gerau near Frankfurt has been an important place of business. Our headquarters in Hamburg have developed into an international springboard, which is also due to the expansion of the freight port.
The strategic alliances with numerous forwarding organisations including, for example, the accredited F.O.R.C.E group and IATA (the International Air Transportation Association), have made HEINRICH DEHN stronger step by step and strengthened the company's position even in difficult times.
In 1995, our branch office in Groß-Gerau was strategically rebuilt and expanded, creating a modern logistics centre. Here, everything revolves around professional commerce and food logistics.
The corporate history of HEINRICH DEHN testifies to the chequered world history of the past 200 years. It also serves as an example of the dynamic changes in logistics in the time of globalisation and rapid technological development.